Just imagine that you have a brilliant ground-breaking product/service, but you cannot explain the customer how to use it! What use is the product then? This is where a strong content writing team turns the wheels of your business and helps you make money.
Content is the actual thing that convinces people to use your product or service. With so many options available and almost everything moving online, content is the key resource that makes or breaks a deal. For both online or offline products/services, people nowadays tend to rely on online reviews, descriptions, videos, etc. to understand a product, brand as well as the trustworthiness of a company itself, before buying or even trying the product
Content writing is not simply filling in your web pages with some text and images. Great content is an art in itself which focuses not only on keeping the customers on the web page, but also convincing them to buy the product/service. Good content must also explain the features and working of the product in a very precise, clear and simple language so that even a layman feels comfortable and at ease with the product.
Variety of content writing types are one’s disposal in the domain of business. Some of them are:-
- SEO writing – optimises your website content so that it ranks better in search engine results
- Technical writing – write software and hardware manuals, technical reports, etc.
- Business and communication writing – write press releases, emailers, social media content, etc.
- Copy writing – compose tag lines, creative content, etc. for promotion of brand, product, service, etc.
- Feature writing – write pieces on variety of topics like lifestyle, columns and opinions on hot topics, etc.
- Research and report writing – write research papers
- Instructional design – important section in e-education
- Publication and Editorial work – write educational books, etc. as per institute syllabus.
Content is the new key resource for an increasingly digital world, that has a fickle attention span and is likely to jump to next option immediately! So, use the best content to capitalise on small window of opportunity given by your customers.